The Prologue Theme got a lot more attention that I expected (hit the top of TechMeme) and we’ve been getting a lot of feedback. So I’ve updated Prologue based on some this feedback and discussion with the the other folks at Automattic. Here’s what has changed:
- New template file for displaying Pages
- Change front page to be recent stream instead of one post per person
- Adjust tag and front page to not show an avatar if the previous post was by the same author
- Change default title for sidebar tag list to ‘Recent Tags’
- Provide a post title based on the beginning of the post content
I bumped the version listed in style.css to 1.2 when I made these changes. You can get it from the Prologue Subversion directory, and yes, I’m still looking to put together a zip file for those that prefer that method instead.
One other thing to note, I was making use of a method in Prologue that currently only exists in WordPress -trunk, this means people using WordPress 2.3.2 were getting errors (on the author pages). This has been fixed as well. Sorry about that.