- Microsoft Windows Native Server
- Point-In-Time Recovery
- Improved Buffer Management, CHECKPOINT, VACUUM
- Change Column Types
- New Perl Server-Side Language
- Comma-separated-value (CSV) support in COPY
- Support cross-data-type index usage
- Add ability to prolong vacuum to reduce performance impact
- Implement dollar quoting to simplify single-quote
Congrats to the whole PostgreSQL team, thank you for all of your hard work and diligence.
UPDATE 11:30am 19 Jan 2005: The announcement of PostgreSQL 8.0 is very popular, my PubSub watch list for “PostgreSQL” is just exploding with entries today.